Sunday, September 21, 2014

X Scarf Pattern

posted by:
Bende
Crochet X ScarfI’ve always wanted to design my own patterns, but always felt it would take so much of my time to first of all think of a project, figure out what kind of design I want and then to try to make it and write it all down on paper. It just seemed like such a daunting task.
I decided over the weekend that I really wanted to try it out and that I would just start with a smaller project. I thought maybe scarf would be something I could attempt. And the finished product could be a Christmas gift, if it came out ok!
After a couple of tries, I came up with a pattern I liked and here is the final result. I think it makes a pretty scarf and I have a person in mind that will get it for Christmas! I think next I will make a pattern for a matching hat!
This scarf is a narrow scarf (approximately 3.75”) and made Crochet X Scarf Closeupwith the cross stitch which I refer to as “X stitch”. If you wish to make the scarf wider, you just need to repeat the pattern until it is as wide as you want it.
This scarf pattern is using the cross stitch with rows of double crochet. I used Simply Soft yarn, but you could use any worsted weight yarn. I hope you enjoy this pattern!
Supplies:
Size “I” hook
2 oz. Simply Soft yarn
Instructions:
Chain 238
Row 1: DC in 3rd chain from the hook and in each ch to the end of the row. Chain 3, turn.
Row2: DC in first 3 stitches, skip next stitch, dc in next stitch, dc in skipped stitch (X made). {skip 1 dc, dc in next stitch, dc in skipped stitch} to the last 3 stitches. DC in last 3 stitches. Chain 3, turn.
Row 3: Repeat Row 2
Row 4: DC in each stitch to end of row, Chain 3, turn
Row 5: Repeat row 2
Row 6: Repeat row 2
Row 7: Repeat row 4
Fasten off and weave in ends.

No comments: