Sunday, August 26, 2007

Love to Crochet

Obviously, I love to crochet. I am creating this blog to share my obsession. I would like to share my projects, patterns and anything else pertaining to crocheting.

I have been crocheting for at least 30 years now. I started off with granny squares and really never attempted to do anything remotely challenging because following the patterns was very intimidating to me. Then one day I was getting tired of making granny square afghans and decided I wanted to make other things and realized there are so many things you can make with crochet. So, I was determined to learn to read patterns and I did. Of course there were mistakes along the way, but I learned from them and now I'm doing ok. My favorite items to make are baby items. Mainly clothing, so I get so excited when family members or friends are having babies. My second favorite thing to crochet is afghans. I love making all kinds of different afghans. My goal is to make every afghan I see that I like....I can dream can't I?

Here is a baby jacket I made for my 9 month old nephew. I actually made him 2 of these, the other one is a turqoisy color. These do up so quickly and was really fun to make.
You can get the pattern here

No comments: