Monday, August 27, 2007

Running out of yarn

One of the most frustrating things for me is to run out of yarn in the middle of a project, especially if it is a yarn that is not easily available. I started a baby jogging suit for my nephew and I bought the amount of yarn the pattern called for with 1/2 oz extra. I bought the yarn online since it was the only place I could find it and it was the only online store that I could find the right yarn (I will not mention the website here, although it's a very popular place to get yarn online).

Well, half way into the suit, I ran out of the yarn and went back to the online store I bought it from. Although this place requires a $40 minimum order (which I did have the first time around), I explained to the contact of that site that I needed just one more skein of yarn to finish my project, and that I had bought what the pattern suggested, but it was not enough and could I order that one skein, I would pay extra. They refused, and needless to say, I won't be doing business there anymore. Anyway, I looked on ebay and did find one person that had this particular yarn and I will be ordering it up right away. I'm so glad I was able to find it, and can finish the jogging suit. I will post a picture of that when completed.

No comments: